The Heritage of County Meath
Amateur Photography Competition
Organised by Meath Tourism and the Office of Public Works.
Closing date for receipt of entries is Wednesday 4th May 2011.
County Meath, Ireland's Heritage Capital is rich in heritage, history and tradition.
This is your chance to capture County Meath's vibrant heritage in a photograph and share it.
We are looking for photographs on:
This year the winning entries will be used to create a Meath Tourism promotional leaflet.
- Heritage Sites
- Events and Festivals
- Landscape, Plants and Wildlife
Conditions of Entry
1) Please submit printed photographs to Photography Competition,
Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre, Donore, Co. Meath to reach us by Wednesday 4th May at 4.30pm.
Entries will not be accepted by Email.
2) Photographs must be a minimum 10x8 inches in size (either portrait or landscape type)
and must have been taken by the entrant in County Meath. Images that have been previously
published will not be accepted.
3) Photographs cannot be returned.
4) Entrant's name, address, telephone number and age (if under 18) and the location
of the photograph should be written clearly on the back of the photograph.
5) The winners will be presented with their prize Thursday 19th May 2011 in Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre.
6) A selection of entries will be displayed in Brú na Bóinne Visitor Centre from May
20th to June 30th.
7) Meath Tourism, the OPW reserve the right to reproduce any of the photographs.
8) One overall prize of €200 will be awarded along with prizes in each category.
9) Winners will be asked to submit their photograph in digital format.
10) Judges' decision is final.
Further enquiries to Brú na Bóinne phone 041 9880300.
1) Under 10 years of age on 4th May 2011
2) 10 years - 17 years on 4th May 2011
3) Adult (18 years and over)
Boyne Valley Private Day Tour
Immerse yourself in the rich heritage and culture of the Boyne Valley with our full-day private tours.
Visit Newgrange World Heritage site, explore the Hill of Slane, where Saint Patrick famously lit the Paschal fire.
Discover the Hill of Tara, the ancient seat of power for the High Kings of Ireland.